Weekly Magazine of Philately published by Harry L. Lindquist New York City Published weekly from 1932 to 1996.
Lindquist was one of America's most acclaimed philatelic editors. He began his editing in 1907 in Chicago with The Collectors Journal. In 1932 he began editing and publishing Stamps, which became the weekly magazine of record during his long ownership.
Lindquist founded and was president of the National Federation of Stamp Clubs, comprising 600 national stamp clubs with over 200,000 members. He was a member of the first Postmaster General's Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee and served on it from 1957 to 1961. For his service, the U.S Post Office Department gave him the Benjamin Franklin Award for Distinguished and Outstanding Public Service.
Lindquist was active at all levels of philately, and was guest speaker at more banquets than any other philatelist. Lindquist was made an honorary life member of the Royal Philatelic Society London. He signed the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists in 1947. Lindquist received the Luff Award for Outstanding Service to the APS in 1948. (source http://stamps.org )