Original Edition printing Location: London Date and Numbering: Vol.37 No.5 July, 1949 Size and Page Count: 9.25" X 12" Tall, app. 25 pages Condition: Good, covers lightly faded and have shelf wear, some age yellowing of pages
Illustrations Information: Illustrations or sketches in all pages, many paintings, 6 full page illustrations, and some vintage advertisements!
- In Perspective
- Some Aspects of Oil Painting (Considers Landscape painting from sketches, stressing the value of quick studies) -By Leonard Greaves
- The Classic and Romantic Approach to Painting (Describes Characteristics of the Romantic as compared with the classical outlook) -By R.O. Dunlop
- Readers' Queries answered
- Water Colour and English Tradition (Assesses the individual qualities of Cotman's art) -By H. J. Paris, M.A.
- The Practice of Etching (Explains exactly how to etch the plate, and pull prints) -By W. Douglas Macleod
- Artists of Note: S.Van Abbe, R.B.S., A.R.E. -By Cecil Wade
- The Royal Academy 1949 -By Leonard Richmond
- Sketching in Water Colour (Clearly sets out his methods in painting various effects of sunlight) -by Frank Sherwin
- Package Design as a Profession (Traces the development of a particular design) -By Alan Rogers
- Scaperboard Drawing (Relates his method of translating a photograph into a scaperboard drawing) -By Kenneth B. Hunter