Original May 1885 Century Magazine Volume XXX #1
Condition: Very Good, spine cover torn and parts flaked off, standard uncut page edges, , 7" x 10" tall with 176 pages and 54 pages of Advertisements of 1885. COMPLETE
- Frontage Engraving of General George B. McClellan by T.Johnson from a photo by G.C.
- New Orleans Exposition by Eugene Smalley with engravings
- Rise of Silas Lapham VII by W.D.Howells
- Typical Dogs with 6 Fine Engravings of Mastiff, St. Bernard, Bull-Dog, Bull-Terrier, Greyhound, Chesapeake Duck-Dog.
- Whittier (John Greenleaf Whittier) by Edmund Stedman
- The Prince's Little Sweetheart by Helen Jackson
- Artist Amoung The Indians - George de Forest Brush - 2 Engravings 'Mourning Her Brave' , 'The Picture Writer'
- The Bostonians by Henry James- IV - First Printing! - Pages 58 to 66. Published Later in Book Form, 1886
- Immortality and Modern Thought by T.T.Munger
- Greely at Cape Sabine with MAP of Baffins Bay and Smith Sound Greenland, MAP of Camp Clay, MAP of Greely Exploration, Engraving of Hektograph Newpaper at Fort Conger - by Charles Harlow Ensign U.S.N.
Civil War Special Articles Pages 92 to 163
- Incidents of the Battle of Manassas by General John D. Imboden
- Manassas to Seven Pines by General Joseph E. Johnston with 10 illustrations and 3 MAPS
- The Second Day At Seven Pines June 1, 1862 by Gustavus W. Smith with 5 illustrations
- Recollections of a Private - IV To the Chickahominy. The Battle of Seven Pines by Warren Lee Goss with 6 illustrations
- The Peninsular Campaign May and June 1862 by General George B. McClellan with 3 illustrations and 1 MAP
- General Grant by General Adam Badeau with 1 illustration of Grant
- Editorials and Topic of the Time -
- Advertisements for Books, Schools, Remington Standard Type-Writer, Furniture, Tennis Rackets Peck & Snyder Franklin and Far and Near, Maher & Grosh Knifes (Toledo, Ohio) Sporting Goods, Seeds and Plants, Hayward Hand Grenade Fire Extinguisher, etc.